As it’s Thursday (throwback Thursday) I thought I’d show my traveling story through the pictures I’ve taken of animals.
As a vegan, I love all animals (except ants, I’m sorry. I am terrified of ants) and anywhere I’ve been I’ve always been drawn to taking gratuitous pictures of animals. It was super hard to choose, but I managed to whittle this list down to my favourites:
1. Angry Bin Monkey of Anuradhapura
He attacked somebody shortly after this picture was taken.
2. Moody, my Thai Guard Dog
He actually belonged to the angry German woman next door. He chased people off the beach. He bit a few people. He slept outside of my door (that’s my house behind!), and the day I took this I was like “oh hey Moody let me take a pict – IS THAT A JAW BONE?!”
3. AN ACTUAL DRAGON!
This was taken with extreme zoom (I ran away because HE WAS MASSIVE).
4. The sleeping monkeys of Kandy
When they were awake they stole everybody’s shit.
5. Newborn puppies by the sea
Me and Gigi melted. They are absolutely precious. Their owner tried to give them to us and we almost said yes.
6. The temple goats of Anuradhapura
So we weren’t allowed to climb the sacred stuff but apparently goats get a free pass.
7. Street kitten of Bangkok
He was part of a pair, they were hanging around the temples and were so, so skinny. I tried to feed them my veggie food but they were not impressed.
8. Baby monkey of Sigariya Rock
This is up there as one of the favourite photos I’ve ever taken.
9. Grumpy bad-haircut Thai city kitty
He let me pet him but he was GRUMPY AF.
10. Sanctuary elephants taking a bath in Sri Lanka
My first ever experience with elephants. I was genuinely very emotional.
11. Sleeping kitty in Athens
Just look at that adorable face.
12. Little cute bird of Mordor, New Zealand
I was like “hey, keep still” And he did. Just for this photo. He was probably some kind of orc though.
13. Temple puppy of Chiang Mai
He was so small and nervous,and had been adopted by another stray at the temple ❤
14. Teeeeeeeny tiny snake of Khao Yai
So frickin’ smol.
15. Fluffy shop pup of Bangkok
I wanted to go in and pet him so bad.
16. Stray temple puppies in Anuradhapura
These babies broke my heart; there’s so many pups in Sri Lanka, roaming free and not being taken care of properly. Luckily these ones got fed, and got lots of attention from squealing idiots like me.
17. Hungry monkey of Dambulla
These monkeys were super cheeky and the rock was definitely theirs, tourists were only tolerated.
18. SUPER HAPPY RESCUED ELEPHANTS OF THE ELEPHANT NATURE PARK ❤
19. AND BABY ORPHANED RESCUE ELEPHANT! ❤
This place. is. beautiful. Run by a Thai woman, Lek, it’s the only ethical elephant tourist place in Thailand and is a sanctuary for all animals. The animals here spent their whole time eating. It’s magical. You should go.
20. Sweet, rescue kitty hanging out at Elephant Nature Park, Chiang Mai
This cutie lived amongst the elephants and dogs and other rescue animals in the Chiang Mai mountains.
21. Latrisha’s rescue pup, Ling
Ling was the cutest smallest pup, and Latrisha accidentally ended up looking after him when he was injured. He sadly went missing though, as many animals on Samui do 😦
22. Cas, our rescue kitty
Castiel (I was going through a supernatural phase, ok) was the cutest lil baby that me and Gigi adopted. He also went missing a few weeks after we rescued him 😦
23. Ninja snake of Khao Yai
This guy could only be seen through a telescope, he was pretty good at blending in and I am pretty glad I was far away.
24. Confused looking owl at Khao Yai National Park
I think he’s supposed to be nocturnal.
25. The turtles of Bangkok’s gated residential pond
We fed them A LOT of bananas.
26. And lastly, a real life dinosaur sighted in the North of Thailand
Photo courtesy of Gigi.